Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Book of Three

Title: The Book of Three
Author: Lloyd Alexander
Publisher: Dell
ISBN: 0-440-90702-0
Why Read?: For Fun
Challenges: TBR Pile, YA Series, 100 Books in a Year

Thoughts: I love epic fantasy and I love YA fantasy, so I thought I was going to love The Book of Three, but I was wrong. I just could not get into it. The only character I cared about was Gurgi with his fun speech pattern. The plot was very much what my friend calls an "and then" story - very linear with a whole of bunch of little incidents and meetings that never fully seem to click together. Also, the title just alluded me. I know The Book of Three is mentioned, but I cannot figure out how it tied into the story.
Rating: 1 stars

1 comment:

  1. My sixth grade teacher read this book to us as our read-a-loud. I fell in love with Lloyd Alexander and have loved him since. Sorry you didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete