Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Touch of Dead

Title: A Touch of Dead
Author: Charlaine Harris
Publisher: Ace
ISBN: 978-0-441-01783-6
Why Read?: For Fun
Challenges: Horror & Urban Fantasy, iChallenge, Vampire, 100 Books in a Year

Thoughts: Despite their popularity, I have never read any of Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse novels. However, I have read some of her short stories featuring Sookie and find that they are laced with humor, making for fun reads. A Touch of Dead compiles all 5 shorts (as of 2009) - "Fairy Dust", "Dracula Night", "One Word Answer", "Lucky", and "Gift Wrapped". I have read the last three before, but this was my first time reading the first two. I enjoyed all of them immensely, but "Lucky" was by far my favorite for the excellent story and twists. The one thing you get reading these stories in A Touch of Dead rather than in the anthologies they originally appeared in is run full-page illustrations before each story that are a delight.
Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment