Sunday, April 26, 2015

In the Box: April 2015 Awesome Pack Big Kid Box

This month's Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack was once again awesome! The subscription is $44.99 a month and you can choose the Big Kid option (for those without kids - like me), or the Family option.  Their site does not have referral links set up yet, nor can you log into your account yet, but they do have a referral program, so if you do decide after reading my review to try it, I would very much appreciate if you told them you heard about it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.

For April, the "big" game was Pamplona (a $37.92 value (converted from Euros as of date of posting)).  Obviously if I had to convert the price from Euros, this is from a European publisher, Ghenos, which totally makes sense as this game is about something distinctly European - or Spanish actually - the Running of the Bulls.  It sounds like it does pack the excitement of the actual event...without any of the danger.  (Please ignore the paws and stuffed armadillo.  While Awesome Pack does have a pet option, I have not tried it for my dog; she just thought she needed to get into my picture)

In addition to a "big" game, smaller games are also included in the Big Kid pack.  This month, we were back down to the normal two, but these are two great ones.  Jab: Realtime Boxing (a $19.99 value) has been on my wishlist for a long time now.  I am a big fan of Tasty Minstrel (I mean, who can resist a publisher with a name like that and an adorable dragon as their logo?) and have back many of their games on Kickstarter, but this is one I do not have in my collection.  (FYI, Tasty Minstrel has a lot of their games at half price on Amazon right now - including this one! - so I suggest grabbing a copy if you are interested).  My other smaller game this month is Gold Thief (a $4.00 value).  This is the first game every made by Asmadi, which appears to a be a small publisher with a lot of affordable games.

Now my next item supercool for two reasons: 1. it came from Steve Jackson Games and 2. it is purple and blue swirly!  Now, I am not sure what Hipster Dice (a $4.95 value) is, but I can tell you I got the Aquapunk version.  The back says its a party game, so I guess I will have to actually open it and read the instructions to figure it out.  The website is no help either, but it all kinda goes with this hipster attitude this die seems to be trying to project.  On the other hand, I do know what a Marvel Miniature Alliance Figure (a $2.99 value) is, but I do not know which one I received.  I am debating whether to open this, or give it to someone who is more of a superhero geek than I am.  The final item in my Awesome Pack was some new Awesome Pack swag.  It may be just a pen, but pens are always useful.

All told, my March Awesome pack had an estimated retail value of $69.85 and I got it all for $44.95, which included shipping.  If you would like to subscribe, once again, I ask that you say you heard it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.  (Please note: as games and collectibles can vary in price based on demand, I tried to take the price from the manufacturers site whenever possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment