Sunday, November 8, 2015

In the Box: October 2015 Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack

While's September's box may not have seemed the most customized, October's Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack was 100% me.  The subscription is $44.99 a month and you can choose the Big Kid option (for those without kids - like me), or the Family option.  Their site does not have referral links set up yet, nor can you log into your account yet, but they do have a referral program, so if you do decide after reading my review to try it, I would very much appreciate if you told them you heard about it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.

For October, the main game was Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Munchkin ($24.95 value) from Steve Jackson Games. If you have never played Munchkin, you need to!  It is crazy fun and great for friends who do not mind a little backstabbing.  This version is based on The Nightmare Before Christmas movie and looks totally awesome.

For the smaller games, I received 3 card games.  First we have MindTrap Shadow Mysteries (a $8.95 value) from Outset Media.  I love mystery games, so this sounds totally cool.  In roughly the same vein, I also received Dark Stories (a $9.99 value) from Z-Man Games.  My final card game was Scopa (a $10.99 value) also from Outset Media, which is an Italian card game.

No collectibles this time since I received 3 smaller games, but due to an issue last month, I received a Something Extra Awesome (aka a bonus game), Marvel TCG: Spider-Man Vs. Doc-Ock 2-Player Starter Set (a $8.00 value) from Upper Dck.  For Awesome Pack goodies, I received two bookmarks.

This was definitely, so far, the most awesome Awesome Pack!  Not the highest value Awesome Pack, but it still came in at $62.88 value, and I got it all for $44.95, which included shipping. I still got a great deal, but even better, got amazingly awesome games.  If you would like to subscribe, once again, I ask that you say you heard it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.  (Please note: as games and collectibles can vary in price based on demand, I tried to take the price from the manufacturers site whenever possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment