Sunday, February 14, 2016

In the Box: January 2016 Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack

Just as last month's Awesome Pack Big Kid Pack was early, the January one was late (which they did email about it).  The subscription is $44.99 a month and you can choose the Big Kid option (for those without kids - like me), or the Family option.  Their site does not have referral links set up yet, nor can you log into your account yet, but they do have a referral program, so if you do decide after reading my review to try it, I would very much appreciate if you told them you heard about it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.

For December, the main game was Patchistory (a $60.00 value) from Stuntkite.  I have never heard of Stuntkite and their catalog is really small, but this looks like a lot of fun, especially for my husband who is a history buff.  It looks like if you order from the publisher's site, you will also get 6 extra promo tiles.

Both smaller games were card based.  First, we have The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Deck Building Game (a $40.00 value) from Cryptozoic Entertainment.  Cryptozoic makes awesome licensed games, so this should be a good one.  We also have Royal Flushter (a $5.99 value) from Patch (which has recently become Play Monster).  The name change is probably why I cannot find the game on the publisher's website - they are probably shifting products.

No collectibles, but I did get an activity this month - a Silver Engraving Kit, Wolf Moon (a $5.49 value) from Royal & Langnickel.  This looks kinda fun, but I don't think I have the artistic talent.  I'll still try it, though.  This month's Awesome Pack swag was a cute postcard.

This month was a total hit for me with Awesome Pack, and one of the highest value ones yet.  It came in at an $111.48 value, and I paid $44.95, which included shipping. If you would like to subscribe, once again, I ask that you say you heard it from me, rickimc [at] aol [dot] com.  (Please note: as games and collectibles can vary in price based on demand, I tried to take the price from the manufacturers site whenever possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment